Friday, June 12, 2009

Last Leg

Hello! I am in Rio de Janeiro at the Hotel Formule 1! Sorry I have been AWOL while in Maringa. Our workshop was packed in, we only had three days, and the internet was spotty. Nothing too exciting happend while I was there anyway. The highlights are: our hotel was named King Konfort, and none of the Brazilian students could figure out why we thought this was so funny; I had an amazing corn dish, called pamonha, which is like a Brazilian tamale for dinner one night at the market; and the Maringa airport rivals the likes of New Bern Int'l.

Our flights to Rio had exciting landings and despite the clouds Rio's lights were still very impressive. This city looks amazing, but there are some sections that we drove through to get to our hotel that look seriously frightening. Cloudy day today, so I'll hold off on Corcovado and Cristo Redentor until it is clear. Not too sure how much I'll be pulling my camera out, everyone seems to make this city out to be rather dangerous but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment